Hope you are well! Last Sunday we learned about the Holy Spirit’s power and wisdom from 1 Corinthians 2 at the 9:30 Bible hour and I preached from 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 at 10:30, “You are a new creation in Christ.” You can find the sermon online at the SERMON AUDIO tab above.
This Sunday we will learn about the work of the Holy Spirit in John 3:1-8 at 9:30 am. I will preach from Romans 8:14-17, “You are an adopted child of God” at 10:30.
IMPORTANT DATES and MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES
- We will have a booth at River City Friday Nights on July 6 with activities for kids and adults. Stop by to visit!
- Our pot-luck and congregation meeting will be July 15.
- We are planning a baptism service in August or September. If you would like to be baptized, please let me know and we can firm up a date.
- We are participating in community worship at American Island Days on August 19. We will have church at American Creek Campground.
- We are planning a trip to SMSU in Marshall, MN between August 22-26 to visit our missionaries Matt and Emma Heiman. It will be an opportunity to build relationships as a missions team, to help Matt and Emma on the field, and to learn about sharing faith in Jesus. Please let me know if you can attend any part of this trip.
- We are helping to sponsor the Todd Becker talk at Chamberlain High School on Wednesday, August 29. We are looking for some host families to help with housing of the staff. Please let pastor know if you could volunteer some space to help with housing.
Please keep building, property issues, leaders and community in prayer as we look ahead to the next 10 years. PRAISE God for camp season and we heard great testimony to what God is doing at Victory Bible Camp from Rebecca and Michaela! Please pray for spiritual warfare and preaching of the gospel to the campers. Mason had a good surgery report and please keep him and family in prayer. Please continue to pray for a summer of blessings and travel mercies as many of us are coming and going at various times. Hope to see you Friday night and please pray for Bible distribution and contacts and invitations.
Blessings to you and we are happy to be here with you at CPEFC. You are loved and prayed for.